Urgent: Please need help badly

Guest

hi all

I am facing a little problem. I have a form with a dropdownlist control. I have a button and when i click the form posts back
The problem is that in the on button click event i'm calling this metho

Martin Dechev

Hi, Bilal,

Try to debug your code to see what is in fact null-reference (Nothing in
VB.NET).

Greetings
Martin
Bilal said:
hi all,

I am facing a little problem. I have a form with a dropdownlist control. I
have a button and when i click the form posts back.
The problem is that in the on button click event i'm calling this method
value. It gives me this exception:

Arvind P Rangan

Kindly send the code:
so that it can be debugged.
As if there is any value in the dropdownlist and if u are calling the
function at the click of the button then it should work.
Arvind.

Guest

hey Arvind
thanks for your reply. i figured that out by moving my code where i populated the dropdownlist into the sub page_load and there it works fine. I am really a new bie at .net and am trying to move to vs.net from visual interdev

I have one another problem which i encounter when i create a new file in vs.net. I am pasting the error. Basically I have a file named ShoppingCart.aspx which when i build and browse gives the error below
Please help me
Server Error in '/OnLineShopping' Application

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnLineShopping.ShoppingCart'

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="ShoppingCart.aspx.vb" Inherits="OnLineShopping.ShoppingCart"%
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
Line 3: <html

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OnLineShopping\ShoppingCart.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573