URGENT: Popup window redirection problem

Dimitrios Mpougas

Hello,

I have two asp.net pages. The first is a page (main.aspx) wich has four
links on it.

The href value of each link is:
href="view.aspx?id=1" traget="_blank"
href="view.aspx?id=2" traget="_blank"
href="view.aspx?id=3" traget="_blank"
href="view.aspx?id=4" traget="_blank"

The second page (view.aspx) is used as the page for a popup window.
In the code behind in this page, I have following code like this in the
Page_Load event handler:

Dim retID as integer
retID=cint(request.QueryString("id"))
Select case retID
case 1
Response.Redirect (http://www.some_domain.com/some_html_page_1 )
case 2
Response.Redirect (http://www.some_domain.com/some_html_page_2 )
case 3
Response.Redirect (http://www.some_domain.com/some_html_page_3 )
case 4
Response.Redirect (http://www.some_domain.com/some_html_page_4 )
End select

When I click on Link 1, the popup shows up and redirects to the URL
corresponding to retID=1
Next I close the popup window
When I click on Link 2, the popup shows up and redirects to the URL
corresponding to retID=2
Next I close the popup window
Next, when I click again on Link 1, the popup shows up but no redirection
takes place. After a while, I get a "page not found".
No matter on what link I click next, the popup shows up but no redirection
takes place.

What could be the case of this problem?
Does anyone know how to resolve this?

The funny thing about this is that, if I do not use a popup window and
navigate to the URLs in the same window (by setting target="_self")
redirection is successful all the times.

Thank you