(urgent) printf format question

Colonel Harlan Sanders

There was no answer at the cite.

The C FAQ answers the question in essentially the same way you did,
though more concisely and without any political overtones.
Every question, when asked, is a different question. To treat it as an
FAQ shows a weary contempt for humanity. Teachers and parents answer
"stupid" questions repeatedly as part of a conversation every day.

Parents and teachers have a duty to answer their charge's questions.
And in any case most questioners here are adults, not infants.
The reification (in which a concept is treated as a thing) in the
notion of FAQ is ultimately a form of victimization: one FAQ answer is
based on an incoherent document (C: the Complete Nonsense), written by
a person without qualifications which attempted to destroy a personal
reputation.

And of course, you turn every single fucking post on any subject into
an opportunity to regurgitate your tirade against the Vast
Anti-Schildt Conspiracy.

I notice an increasingly desperate tone in your posts as you seek to
provoke responses. Sorry, looks like I'm the only one foolish enough
to fall for that.

While I'm posting, in regards to "Risks": Chortle.
You were right about one thing, it's "competently moderated".

Tom St Denis

Well, "it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it". I'm saying that
the process is wrong; if "maturity" means accepting rules which cannot
be questioned, then I'm glad to be "childish". The whole idea of FAQs
is a lazy way of sending newbies on their way at best. Here, the
administrative requirement is satisfied by an "answer" to the OP's
question which is not an answer at all.

No maturity means compromise and being able to work with others.
You're childish because you contribute zero to this group other than
noise.

<snip nonsense>

Tom

Kenny McCormack

No maturity means compromise and being able to work with others.
You're childish because you contribute zero to this group other than
noise.

<snip nonsense>

Tom

And you contribute?

Answer: The same.

And no, tu quoque won't work. I never claimed to "contribute"
anything (in the sense that the regs define that term). I just tell the
truth (and it pisses them off - channelling Julia Philips).

--
No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

CLC in a nutshell.

Tom St Denis

And you contribute?

Answer: The same.

I answer questions from time to time. Mostly the regs get around to
things before I do so I just respond to the people in the corner from
time to time.
And no, tu quoque won't work.  I never claimed to "contribute"
anything (in the sense that the regs define that term).  I just tell the
truth (and it pisses them off - channelling Julia Philips).

Your "truth" doesn't piss me off so much as make me pity you.

Tom