Urgent Problem receiving XML

Simon Harvey

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate any help with the follwoing problem:

I need to write a page that posts an xml document to a server. Thats the
easy bit

What I don't yet know how to do, is get the XML that is sent back. The
server that is posted to, responds by displaying an xml message in the
browser. I need to get that xml into a string so that I can parse it.

Can anyone tell me how I would do this?

Thanks everyone!

Simon

Kevin Spencer

???

An XML document IS a string...

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Joerg Jooss

Simon said:
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate any help with the follwoing problem:

I need to write a page that posts an xml document to a server. Thats
the easy bit

What I don't yet know how to do, is get the XML that is sent back. The
server that is posted to, responds by displaying an xml message in the
browser. I need to get that xml into a string so that I can parse it.

Can anyone tell me how I would do this?

Use either System.Net.WebClient or System.Net.WebRequest to send the XML to
the remote host. This will allow you to receive the XML response from the
remote host and process it how you see fit.

Cheers,