URGENT: Process html pages as aspx pages.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jainamber@gmail.com, Oct 31, 2006.

    We are in the process of launching a new asp.net site for our
    client, the old site was pure html. In order to preserve the search
    engine rankings of the html pages, I am trying to implement 301
    redirects for the individual html pages by adding the redirect code (it
    has to be done on a page by page basis) in the Session_Start event.

    The steps that I took for implementing this are:

    a) In IIS, I added .htm and .html to the 'configuration' section and
    assigned the aspnet_isapi.dll to process those pages. I was hoping that
    this change will make it work, as I did a similar thing in the past for
    html -> aps site migration.

    b) I changed the machine.config and added the following 2 rows for .htm
    and .html in the <httphandlers> section.

    <add verb="*" path="*.htm" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.html" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory"/>

    I am using System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory because the aspx pages were
    using the same.

    But the Session_Start event is still not getting called for html pages.

    Can any one help me with this problem, the site launch is tomorrow.

    Thanks,

    Amber
    , Oct 31, 2006

  2. You will have to do redirects from the existing HTML pages to the ASP.Net
    pages. All you have done is to tell the web server to process .htm pages
    with the ASP.Net ISAPI.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer