urgent query

anuruchi

if I want to add (merge) two excel file using perl script, how can i do
that.
like
excel 1
======
name|city|number|
aa a 123
dd d 111
excel 2
======
name|city|number|
an la 1l23
dn ld 11l1

merge excel =
-==========
name|city|number|
aa a 123
dd d 111
an la 1l23
dn ld 11l1

Thanks in advance

Paul Lalli

if I want to add (merge) two excel file using perl script, how can i do
that.

First off, putting "urgent" in your subject is not going to get you
faster better help. Quite the contrary. It is seen as rude by many
people. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Second, please put the subject of your post in the Subject of your
post. Your post was not about an "urgent query", it was about merging
excel files.

Third, you have demonstrated absolutely no attempt at solving your
problem. If you have tried any code that has failed, what have you
tried? If you don't even know where to begin, where have you tried
looking?

Please read the posting guidelines for this group at your earliest
convenience. They are posted here twice a week.

Finally, my advice is to go to http://search.cpan.org and search for
"Excel". See if any of the returned modules look like they might be
helpful. Then make an attempt to write your code. If it does not work
as you desire, post a short-but-complete script that demonstrates both
your attempt and its failure.

Paul Lalli

cartercc

if I want to add (merge) two excel file using perl script, how can i do
that.
like

Why bother with Perl? Just open both files in Excel and saved the
merged workbook.

Or, if you don't like that, import the two files into Access and write
a query to merge them.

Or, if you use some variety of Unix, you can merge the files using the
command of the same name, or use vi to do it, or even awk.

CC

Tad McClellan

if I want to add (merge) two excel file using perl script, how can i do
that.
like
excel 1
======
name|city|number|
aa a 123
dd d 111
excel 2
======
name|city|number|
an la 1l23
dn ld 11l1

merge excel =
name|city|number|
aa a 123
dd d 111
an la 1l23
dn ld 11l1

cp excel1 merge_excel; tail +2 excel2 >>merge_excel