URGENT - RequiredFieldValidator not working after deployment -

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Roni Burd, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. Roni Burd

    Roni Burd Guest

    Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with Validator
    controls.
    In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also when I
    deploy using XCOPY to a web server.
    The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of the
    web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the
    validators stop working (although the page continues to work)

    To be more precise these are the directories:

    The folder configuration is the following

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application

    The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to
    \siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/

    When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application (and
    browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.

    What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need to
    configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control work
    again?

    Thank you and sorry for the cross posting...I have to go live tomorrow!
    Roni Burd, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Roni Burd

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    Is the "different" directory configured as an application in IIS?

    Rick Spiewak, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Roni Burd

    Roni Burd Guest

    No, I forgot to set the new directory as an application but unfortunatly not
    even after setting it did it work.
    Maybe, I missing something else...

    Roni Burd, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Are the files able to locate and use the WebUIValidation.js ASP.NET scripts?

    These are usually in

    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 28, 2004
  5. Roni Burd

    Roni Burd Guest

    Thank you people. It was an issue with the application not finding the .js
    files

    With all the frenzi I didn't had time to thank you!.

    Roni Burd, Jul 3, 2004