Urgent.... Smooth Refresh

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bryan Young, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Bryan Young

    Bryan Young Guest

    I am trying to smoothly refresh a page on an interval. I am using
    setInterval to set this up. When the interval expires, I do a
    document.form.submit(). When this line of code runs, Internet Explorer
    crashed with exception code 0xc0000005 mshtml.dll at address
    0x000000007d55833f. This is IE 6 SP2 on Windows XP with all the latest
    patches installed. The same thing happens on Windows 2003 Server. See
    sample code below. Any ideas?

    Bryan Young

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>monitor</TITLE>
    <BASE TARGET="main">
    <META CONTENT="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" NAME="GENERATOR">
    <META CONTENT="Visual Basic .NET 7.1" NAME="CODE_LANGUAGE">
    <META CONTENT="JavaScript" NAME="vs_defaultClientScript">
    <META CONTENT="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"
    NAME="vs_targetSchema">
    <LINK HREF="Styles.css" TYPE="text/css" REL="stylesheet">
    </HEAD>
    <BODY MS_POSITIONING="FlowLayout">
    <script language="javascript">
    var timer;
    function setupinterval()
    {
    timer = window.setInterval('reload()', 5000);
    }

    function reload()
    {
    document.frmMonitor.submit();
    }
    </script>
    <FORM ID="frmMonitor" METHOD="post" RUNAT="server">
    <INPUT type="button" value="Button" language="javascript"
    onclick="setupinterval()">
    </FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    Bryan Young, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Bryan Young

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Jeff @ Dart, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Bryan Young

    Bryan Young Guest

    Thanks for the sales pitch.... Anyone else have any suggestions why IE is
    crashing?

    Bryan Young, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Bryan Young

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Your code works fine for me (IE 6 SP2).

    Have you checked out the many KB articles on MSDN when you search for
    "0xc0000005" AND "mshtml.dll"?

    But, again, your approach will not produce a smooth refresh. If you
    aren't interested in our product, Google "remote scripting" as an
    alternative approach.

    Jeff @ Dart, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Bryan Young

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Your code works fine for me.

    Search for "0xc0000005 mshtml.dll" on MSDN, there are several bugs
    listed which are probably applicable to your problem.

    But again, it will not be the smooth refresh you requested. If you
    aren't interested in our product, search for "remote scripting" on
    Google.

    Jeff @ Dart, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Bryan Young

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Sorry about the double post....google groups crashed on first attempt.

    Jeff @ Dart, Jan 25, 2005