URGENT: User controls cause mapping errors

Guest

Hi

I need some help for a very urgent problem: When loading my user controls dynamically via

myUserControl = (MyUserControl) page.LoadControl("~/UserControls/MyUserControl.ascx");

I get the following error message from time to time:

"Failed to map the path '/MyApplication/WebApp/UserControls/MyUserControl.ascx'".

I cannot identify the reason for this error since it doesn't occur constantly but only from time to time. After that I have to restart the ASP.NET worker process to bring the application to life again... :-

Any ideas?

PontiMax

Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com

Pointmax,

This is just a guess, but try using 8.3 standard names for your folders and files names. Try it as a test in another project and see if the issue pops up there. Also another test could be to disable anti-virus software on the server. Make sure you re-enable it later.

-Calvin Luttrell
ProjectThunder.com