    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    amir

    Amir, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Amir

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Amir wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to securely ecrypt and decrypte a URL? for e.g
    > encrypting and decrypting using Triple-DES algorithm. Are there any
    > security implications?

    Why would you want to do that? What are you trying to achieve?

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Amir

    Amir Guest

    "Joerg Jooss" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Amir wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is there a way to securely ecrypt and decrypte a URL? for e.g
    > > encrypting and decrypting using Triple-DES algorithm. Are there any
    > > security implications?

    > Why would you want to do that? What are you trying to achieve?
    >
    > Cheers,

    I want to transfer sessions between ASP and ASP.NET apps

    Amir, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Amir

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Amir wrote:
    > "Joerg Jooss" <> wrote in message
    >> Amir wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to securely ecrypt and decrypte a URL? for e.g
    >>> encrypting and decrypting using Triple-DES algorithm. Are there any
    >>> security implications?

    >> Why would you want to do that? What are you trying to achieve?
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > I want to transfer sessions between ASP and ASP.NET apps

    There's also an article on MSDN that covers this topic:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/converttoaspnet.asp

    But what are you trying to protect? The query string? The session id when
    using URL rewriting?

    Of course you cannot encrypt the URL per se -- but you can protect the
    underlying communications channel using HTTPs.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Sep 8, 2004