URL in a querysting?

JJ

Sorry - there doesn't seem to be any problem with doing this - my error was
something else.

JJ

Rob Meade

Sorry - there doesn't seem to be any problem with doing this - my error
was something else.

You're probably already doing it - but you need to watch for the &'s in it,
especially if the URL you want to put in the querystring has its own
querystring etc...

For example...

http://www.your-domain.com?url=http...eviouspage=default.asp&userid=10&redirect=yes

In the above, redirect=yes might be part of the first querystring, but could
easily be included in the second, or vice-versa...

Just thought it worth mentioning...

Cheers

Rob

JJ

Good point didn't think of that.

How would you deal with the '&'s ?

Perhaps replace them with another character, or surround the url in some
sort of marker character perhaps?

Thanks,

JJ

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

David said:
urlencode the url in the parameter. That should convert your & to &

No, it should convert & to %24.

& is the html code for &.