URL Manipulation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aaron, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Aaron

    Aaron Guest

    Aaron, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Aaron

    Guest

    Hi Aaron

    Here you go :
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/URLRewriter.asp
    http://www.google.com/search?q=codeproject url rewrite&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

    Let me know if you have any more questions...

    Cheers,
    Tom Pester

    > I've seen many websites running on asp.net with folder-like url set
    > up.
    > ie
    > www.example.com/page.aspx?name=News&title=breaking news
    > would become
    >
    > www.example.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-news.html
    >
    > or something to that extent.
    >
    > Could someone teach me how to do this or point me to the right
    > direction?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Aaron

    , Aug 7, 2005

  3. Aaron,

    What you are showing are to different things

    > www.example.com/page.aspx?name=News&title=breaking news

    This shows a page that uses Get to get client side information. (What could
    in ASP already be avoided by using a Post).

    > www.example.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-news.html

    This uses a website inside a folder of breaking-news

    However, the Get and the Post can in ASPX completly be avoided by using
    server controls, which have the Post build in. (I hope I don't mix up Post
    and Get I don't use it already a for a while now).

    I hope this helps,

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Aug 7, 2005
  4. Aaron

    hB Guest

    hB, Aug 7, 2005
  5. Hi Aron,

    I think you are talking about URL rewriting. Do a search on MSN Search or
    Google for "ASP.NET URL Rewriting" and you'll find lots of resources
    explaining what you are trying to achieve.

    Brian Delahunty
    Ireland

    http://briandela.com/blog

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gRGVsYWh1bnR5?=, Aug 7, 2005
  6. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/urlrewriting.asp

    HTH, Jakob.

    --
    http://www.dotninjas.dk
    http://www.powerbytes.dk

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFrb2IgQ2hyaXN0ZW5zZW4=?=, Aug 8, 2005