URL parameters in a response.redirect

Chumley the Walrus

I need to do a redirect whereas the target URL is going to another
browser window. The following is not valid :

''''
Response.Redirect("admin-login.aspx" target="blank")
''''

....giving me a " Comma, ')', or a valid expression continuation
expected." error.

Evertjan.

Chumley the Walrus wrote on 03 aug 2004 in
I need to do a redirect whereas the target URL is going to another
browser window. The following is not valid :

''''
Response.Redirect("admin-login.aspx" target="blank")
''''

...giving me a " Comma, ')', or a valid expression continuation
expected." error.

If you are referring to asp.net:
I cannot answer this.
This is a classical ASP NG.
I doubt howerver if it is legally possible to do that.

If, however you are referring to classical ASP response.redirect:
response.redirect is totally a serverside statement, any clientside code
[such as target="blank"] cannot be not working.
ASP does not know about client windows.