URL problems using Apache, JBoss, mod_jk

Monica

Hello everyone,

I had posted this to the alt.apache.configuration group, but have not
gotten a response, and I am desperate!!!

I have configured Apache on Machine 1 and JBoss on Machine 2 using
mod_jk. After much trial and error, I finally got things working. I
have a war file that exists on Machine 2 that I need to use for my site

named Corporate.war. However, when I attempt to access my url
www.example.com from the internet I get an error. When I use the url
www.example.com/Corporate the site opens just fine. How do I tell
Apache to open the site using www.example.com? I have made numerous
changes to the VirtualHost in httpd.conf to no avail.

Another problem I am having is that my site is not displaying static
images located on Machine 2. Those images are not located in the same
directory as the DocumentRoot, they are back one directory.
(..\default\images)

Basic VirtualHost I am using:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAdmin (e-mail address removed)
DocumentRoot 'C:\jboss-4.0.1RC2\server\default\deploy'
JkMount /*.war loadbalancer
JkMount /Corporate loadbalancer
JkMount /Corporate/* loadbalancer
JkMount /*.jsp loadbalancer
JkMount /servlet/* loadbalancer
ErrorLog logs/example.com-error.log
CustomLog logs/example.com-access.log common
</VirtualHost>

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Monica