    or do i need an javascript??

    <A title="linktip" href=".htm"></a>

    TIA

    Hugo de Payns, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Hugo de Payns wrote:
    > Good day,
    >
    > I wander, is it possible to add somekind of timelimit to
    > the title in a link?? I need some more time read the tekst i put in,
    > or do i need an javascript??
    >
    > <A title="linktip" href=".htm"></a>
    >

    > TIA

    After the page loads change the title property text after a certain
    time? If that is your question, then yes client-side JavaScript could do
    it with a setTimeOut function, but I am not sure what that value would be.

    If you wanted to change with page loading with respect to some time
    criteria, like pseudo-code:

    localtime < 12:00pm {
    <a title="Visit us this morning!" href="morning.html">Welcome</a>
    }
    else{
    <a title="Visit us this evening!" href="evening.html">Welcome</a>
    }

    you can use sever-side, but again not sure the value in it...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 26, 2005

  3. On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:40:05 GMT, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >Hugo de Payns wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >>
    >> I wander, is it possible to add somekind of timelimit to
    >> the title in a link?? I need some more time read the tekst i put in,
    >> or do i need an javascript??
    >>
    >> <A title="linktip" href=".htm"></a>
    >>

    >> TIA

    >After the page loads change the title property text after a certain
    >time? If that is your question, then yes client-side JavaScript could do
    >it with a setTimeOut function, but I am not sure what that value would be.
    >
    >If you wanted to change with page loading with respect to some time
    >criteria, like pseudo-code:
    >
    >localtime < 12:00pm {
    ><a title="Visit us this morning!" href="morning.html">Welcome</a>
    >}
    >else{
    ><a title="Visit us this evening!" href="evening.html">Welcome</a>
    >}
    >
    >you can use sever-side, but again not sure the value in it...

    Thanks for the info, jonathan, but is not exactly what i need;
    client-side javascript, server-side, i meen what are you talking about
    :))) ; mind you, i have nothing to do with a personal website on the
    Internet, but i html-files instead of an word document or rtf-files
    e.o. it gives much more pleasure;
    the only thing i like to know if it is, and how to prolong the
    (standard) time to show the link-description; usually it is no longer
    then a couple of second, but because i put some large text in the
    linktip, like

    <a title="
    yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada"
    href="file.htm"></a>

    i need somewhat more then a few second.

    regards

    Hugo de Payns, Jun 26, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Hugo de Payns <> wrote:

    > the only thing i like to know if it is, and how to prolong the
    > (standard) time to show the link-description; usually it is no longer
    > then a couple of second, but because i put some large text in the
    > linktip, like
    >
    > <a title="
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada"
    > href="file.htm"></a>

    Hmm. Well, that's not a title, is it? Then maybe you're using the wrong
    tool for the job.

    The title attribute, and for that matter the frequently abused alt
    attribute, are not "linktips". I.e., their purpose is not just to
    provide data to stuff in a "tooltip". They have specific purposes, and
    there is no requirement that they be implemented as tooltips. Their
    content could just as easily show up in the browser's status bar, or
    anywhere else for that matter.

    Your particular browser does happen to use tooltips. So, if you want to
    change the duration for which the tooltip is displayed, you may be able
    to do it by changing the browser's configuration (though I doubt it) or
    your system's operating system configuration (probably some
    accessibility setting). Of course, the latter is likely to change it for
    all tooltips in all applications, which might not be what you want. But,
    that's what happens when you use the wrong tool.

    To me, the right tool* -- if you want a large amount of text to pop up
    when you're over a link -- sounds like a JavaScript pop up of some sort,
    that goes up when your mouse goes over the link, and down when the mouse
    goes off it. I have no idea how to write such things, but strongly
    suspect if you googled for "Javascript menu" or "Javascript drop-down
    menu", you could quickly find examples that you could modify for your
    own purposes.

    * - (Given that you said this is for personal use. If it wasn't I might
    recommend another approach.)

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Hugo de Payns wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:40:05 GMT, "Jonathan N. Little"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hugo de Payns wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good day,
    >>>
    >>>I wander, is it possible to add somekind of timelimit to
    >>>the title in a link?? I need some more time read the tekst i put in,
    >>>or do i need an javascript??
    >>>
    >>><A title="linktip" href=".htm"></a>
    >>>

    >>>TIA

    >>After the page loads change the title property text after a certain
    >>time? If that is your question, then yes client-side JavaScript could do
    >>it with a setTimeOut function, but I am not sure what that value would be.
    >>
    >>If you wanted to change with page loading with respect to some time
    >>criteria, like pseudo-code:
    >>
    >>localtime < 12:00pm {
    >><a title="Visit us this morning!" href="morning.html">Welcome</a>
    >>}
    >>else{
    >><a title="Visit us this evening!" href="evening.html">Welcome</a>
    >>}
    >>
    >>you can use sever-side, but again not sure the value in it...

    > Thanks for the info, jonathan, but is not exactly what i need;
    > client-side javascript, server-side, i meen what are you talking about
    > :))) ; mind you, i have nothing to do with a personal website on the
    > Internet, but i html-files instead of an word document or rtf-files
    > e.o. it gives much more pleasure;
    > the only thing i like to know if it is, and how to prolong the
    > (standard) time to show the link-description; usually it is no longer
    > then a couple of second, but because i put some large text in the
    > linktip, like
    >
    > <a title="
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada
    > yadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayadayada"
    > href="file.htm"></a>
    >
    > i need somewhat more then a few second.
    >

    > regards

    As Joel says the timing of how long the title text is displayed, must be
    browser dependent. With my Mozilla there is a delay *before* the tip
    displays, but remains displayed as long as the cursor is over the link.

    JavaScript and a pop-up will be your best bet. If you do not understand
    JavaScript then I suggest you start researching it, books &
    tutorials...because there is no HTML answer for you.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 26, 2005