URL Rewriting and webDAV problems

kellygreer1

Anyone else getting errors when using the URL Rewriting solution
mentioned at the bottom of this article:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/urlrewriter.asp?df=100&forumid=4228&exp=0&select=876107

I get errors when trying to "open" up or "save" files with Visual
Studio 2005 back to the web site over http (port 80). I was able to
do this (with errors) on a remote server and one located on my
intranet. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue after adding
the wildcard extension .* and limiting it to HEAD,GET,POST ? Then try
to connect to site with VS2005 over http. Do you get errors?
Shouldn't limiting the verbs keep it from messing with webDAV ?

I'm writing a Wiki application and I'd like to have nice clean URLs
without any file extension. This looked like the correct route to
go..... but if I can't use port 80 to manipulate the site this will not
work for me. Reason: I sit behind a corporate firewall. I have no
access to use Windows File Sharing or FTP as an alternative.

Also, does the method mentioned in the article open up security holes?

Thanks for your help or any advice,
Kelly Greer
(e-mail address removed)
replace nospam with yahoo