    Can anyone give me any ideas on how to do URL rewriting in ASP with IIS 5
    (possibly 6). Aside of course from switching to Apache ;) Regards, Chris. I
    want my products/product.asp?id=1243124 to read products/friendlyurl.html

    Chris, Jun 23, 2006

  2. you need to use an IIS filter to do url rewriting like that

    I have had very good luck with iisrewrite and it is easy to use
    http://www.qwerksoft.com/products/iisrewrite/

    It's like 100.00 bucks but works better than any of the other ones I used...
    free or otherwise

    Course you need your own server or a host that is willing to set it up for
    you

    Kyle Peterson, Jun 23, 2006

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I had seen some stuff using server transfers and 404 page etc is that a bad
    idea.

    Chris, Jun 23, 2006
  4. in my opinion YES its a bad idea...

    sorta defeats the purpose of URL rewriting too

    Kyle Peterson, Jun 23, 2006