URL Rewriting

Chris

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to do URL rewriting in ASP with IIS 5
(possibly 6). Aside of course from switching to Apache ;) Regards, Chris. I
want my products/product.asp?id=1243124 to read products/friendlyurl.html

Kyle Peterson

you need to use an IIS filter to do url rewriting like that

I have had very good luck with iisrewrite and it is easy to use
http://www.qwerksoft.com/products/iisrewrite/

It's like 100.00 bucks but works better than any of the other ones I used...
free or otherwise

Course you need your own server or a host that is willing to set it up for
you

Kyle Peterson

in my opinion YES its a bad idea...

sorta defeats the purpose of URL rewriting too