URLConnection and proxy

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kristoffel, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Kristoffel

    Kristoffel Guest

    I have developed a java-program that search web-pages on the internet
    (class URL and URLConnection) going through a proxy-server.
    Because I want to use this program everywhere, I don't want to put the
    proxy-settings into my program.

    I know that java can get these proxy-settings on two ways:
    1)
    or by two shell variables (proxyhost and proxyport)
    But I can remember the name of these variables

    2)
    or by giving parameters to the VM
    $> java -Dxxx=<proxyhost> -Dyyy=<proxyport> myprogram
    But I can't remember the name of xxx or yyy

    kind regards,

    Kristoffel

    Kristoffel, Jul 27, 2003