URLConnection and proxy

Kristoffel

I have developed a java-program that search web-pages on the internet
(class URL and URLConnection) going through a proxy-server.
Because I want to use this program everywhere, I don't want to put the
proxy-settings into my program.

I know that java can get these proxy-settings on two ways:
1)
or by two shell variables (proxyhost and proxyport)
But I can remember the name of these variables

2)
or by giving parameters to the VM
$> java -Dxxx=<proxyhost> -Dyyy=<proxyport> myprogram
But I can't remember the name of xxx or yyy

kind regards,

Kristoffel