URLConnection and sockets

coltrane

Is there a way to access the socket for a HttpsURLConnection is using.
I am having trouble using HTTPS. I am getting an error stating
"bad_record_mac". I have found a solution for this using the following
call:
socket.setEnabledProtocols(new String[] {"SSLv3"});
Unfortunately I cannot find a way to access the socket given a
HttpsURLConnection.

thanks for your help

john

John C. Bollinger

coltrane said:
Is there a way to access the socket for a HttpsURLConnection is using.
I am having trouble using HTTPS. I am getting an error stating
"bad_record_mac". I have found a solution for this using the following
call:
socket.setEnabledProtocols(new String[] {"SSLv3"});
Unfortunately I cannot find a way to access the socket given a
HttpsURLConnection.

As far as I know or can tell, you cannot get the socket in use by an
HttpsURLConnection. But you do better: you can set the SSLSocketFactory
that the HttpsURLConnection will use to obtain a socket in the first
place. That would allow you any measure of control you desire over the
socket settings.

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)