URLDecode differences in NET 1.1 and 2.0

samuelhon

Hi all

I'm attempting to decode a string which works fine in 1.1

However, we've now moved the project to 2.0 and its not happy. The
length of the decodedString is different. I've tried changing the
encoding type which is UTF8.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sam

string stringToDecrypt = "%eb%81%85%ee%95%b1%eb%b5%a7%e0%a0%b6%ed%bb%8e
%e5%98%b4%ef%bc%97%e4%a3%ab";

string decodedString =
System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlDecode(stringToDecrypt);

Marc Gravell

I'm not sure encoding would be an issue here... could you post the
results (decodedString) you get in 1.1 vs 2.0? Perhaps that might
shine a light...

Marc

Peter Theill

I'm attempting to decode a string which works fine in 1.1
However, we've now moved the project to 2.0 and its not happy. The
length of the decodedString is different. I've tried changing the
encoding type which is UTF8.

Are your '<globalization>' tag in Web.config the same for both
projects? If it's not available in one of them it falls back to a more
global setting (machine.config) so ensure your have a globalization
tag in both of your projects and that there are the same.

Rgd,
Peter Theill

samuelhon

Are your '<globalization>' tag in Web.config the same for both
projects? If it's not available in one of them it falls back to a more
global setting (machine.config) so ensure your have a globalization
tag in both of your projects and that there are the same.

Rgd,
Peter Theill

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the globalization tag and they're
both the same. I've done some tests with the additional Encode
parameter and even if I set it to UTF8 in both frameworks, it still
fails

Very strange

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Sam

samuelhon

I'm not sure encoding would be an issue here... could you post the
results (decodedString) you get in 1.1 vs 2.0? Perhaps that might
shine a light...

Marc

Hi Marc

The decodedString doesnt want to paste in, its all squares and other
characters

I'm more curious about the length of the string which is different

Ta

Sam

Marc Gravell

In that case, can I ask: what is this string holding? it sounds like
it might be holding some raw data, in which case a byte[] (perhaps
expressed in base64) might be a better option.