    I want to use it to generate a path where images/scripts are stored
    and let the control append the file names to that path, then resolve
    them at runtime.

    WALDO, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Hi Waldo,

    Take a look at the System.Windows.Forms.Design.FolderNameEditor, this may be
    the closest built-in thing you can get for what you want,

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Oct 23, 2004

  3. WALDO

    WALDO Guest

    Thanks, Victor.

    As I understand that class, it's only going to get me local machine
    files. Not excatly what I'm looking for (unless there's something I'm
    missing).

    I decided to bulid my own UrlPathEditor. I can figure out how to get the
    folder structure from the current project. What I would like to be able
    to do now is query the webserver for its actual folder structure. Is
    that something that's possible?

    For the most part, if the web path you're looking to select is within
    the project, it works great. But I want to be able to use it to select
    paths like '/aspnet_client'. Since that's not in the project, I want to
    be able to query the structure of the webserver. Is that possible? Are
    there security concerns? Is there a service I can use that already takes
    care of that?

    WALDO, Oct 26, 2004