UrlReferrer Null

Logician

Objective

To get linking domain on an affiliate program, ie

linking site--->my site-->write cookie-->track visitor-->report to
affiliate

Current

from linking site http://merrows.co.uk?.....

But UrlReferrer is Null. I have a link from a different domain but it
is on my server. I am using Windows, C#, .NET

Request

Any details on linking and determining UrlReferrer. Is this an IIS
issue?

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

Have you tried Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"];

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Logician

Logician said:
Objective

To get linking domain on an affiliate program, ie

linking site--->my site-->write cookie-->track visitor-->report to
affiliate

Current

from linking site http://merrows.co.uk?.....

But UrlReferrer is Null. I have a link from a different domain but it
is on my server. I am using Windows, C#, .NET

Request

Any details on linking and determining UrlReferrer. Is this an IIS
issue?

That fails; I think it is a Norton problem which blocks the headers

Joerg Jooss

Logician said:
Objective

To get linking domain on an affiliate program, ie

linking site--->my site-->write cookie-->track visitor-->report to
affiliate

Current

from linking site http://merrows.co.uk?.....

But UrlReferrer is Null. I have a link from a different domain
but it is on my server. I am using Windows, C#, .NET

Request

Any details on linking and determining UrlReferrer. Is this an IIS
issue?

That fails; I think it is a Norton problem which blocks the headers

Both values should be identical anyway. But Referer is practically
useless for application purposes: Any proxy in between may remove it.

Cheers,