urlrewrite outbound rule

Peter Horlock

Hi,

I improved my site so that all dynamic urls seem to be static.
e.g. from ?param=value to /value.html

Now I have a form on a page. When the user presses the parameters will
be send by get and the server will generate a page based on the
request parameters. Is it possible to rewrite this outbound url, as
generated by the html form field, to the same "static looking" url I
created before hand?

I am using tuckey's urlrewrite, http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/manual/2.6/,
which is based on apache's mod rewrite.
Anyway, it seems to provide outbound rules, which I guess is what I
need, however I can't get it to work... :-(

Here'y my rule, as defined in "urlrewrite.xml":
<outbound-rule>
<from casesensitive="false">/mypage.html\?
myparam=(.*)&amp;myparam2=(.*)</from>
<to>/myFolder/$1/$2.html</to>
</outbound-rule>

However, I can't get this to work... :-(((

Maybe you got an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Peter