US - MA - Sr Software Engineer - Linux kernal/drivers

Sherin[VSK Soft]

Job Title : Sr Software Engineer - Linux kernel/drivers
Location : MA
Job Type : Contract
Rate : Open
Duration : 6 Months
Start Date : immediate

Description
Person will participate as a member of a small team of engineers
working on the development and support of a new version of Linux that
runs on our client's proprietary Hardware. The work will be focused on
providingbugs fixes and participating in the ongoing new development
efforts, as timeallows. Theareas that the client has made (and
continues to make) modifications in Linux include :providing for SCSI
and PCI hot-plug support (including surprise removal of devices),
overall hardening of a select set of Linux device drivers to adapt
them for their environment and making Linux work on their Hardware.The
skills we are looking for are Linux kernel development and device
driver development.
Any experience in Linux SCSI a major plus.
Qualifications and Experience : 6+ years of Software development
experience with 2+ years in Linux/Unix software development, including
systems level Linux development including kernel and/or device driver
development.
Educational Background Required : BS CS/EE or equivalent.