usage of "Choice" Compositor with Attributes/attribute

kosaraju.puneeth

I want an element that must have either attribute A or B.

<Thing1 A="aaa"/> <Thing1 B="bbb"/>

I want to enforce this in my schema . If A and B were
elements, I could use choice.

<xs:attribute name="A"/>
<xs:attribute name="B"/>

<xs:element name="Thing1">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:choice >
<xs:element ref="A"/>
<xs:element ref="B"/>
</xs:choice>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

But choice only works for elements, and I am stuck.
Is there a way to do "choice" for attributes?
And if so, how about for attributeGroups too?

Making both attributes optional would accept valid input
but not reject all invalid input. I am hoping for better.

Thanks!

Stan Kitsis [MSFT]

No, XSD does not support this.

--