usage of user controls across projects in a solution

S

saket

hello frnd,

in my project..my solution includes two webapplication projects.
in webaplication1 i have created a user control...whn i m using that in webapplication2 webform...its showing error

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/WebApplication2/WebUserControl2.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="WebApplication3.WebForm1" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="WebUserControl2" Src="../WebApplication2/WebUserControl2.ascx" %>
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 4: <HTML>

so if any one cud help me...how to come out f it and how cud i use the control across the applications..

Regards

G

so if any one cud help me...how to come out f it and how cud i use the
control across the applications..

I don't think that's possible - not to mention the user control's logic
would be in a bin file not accessible to your second web app.

You could compile the web control logic into a dll, but you'll have to
deploy the dll into both web apps as well as the ascx files.

S

saket

hi
thanx for ur reply
i again need ur help. how wud i create the dll with user control code. actually i m a bit new to asp.net

thanx

Ask a Question