usage of user controls across projects in a solution

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by saket, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. saket

    saket Guest

    hello frnd,

    in my project..my solution includes two webapplication projects.
    in webaplication1 i have created a user control...whn i m using that in webapplication2 webform...its showing error

    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/WebApplication2/WebUserControl2.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="WebApplication3.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="WebUserControl2" Src="../WebApplication2/WebUserControl2.ascx" %>
    Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 4: <HTML>

    so if any one cud help me...how to come out f it and how cud i use the control across the applications..

    Regards

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/

    saket, Dec 28, 2005

  2. saket

    Spam Catcher Guest

    saket <> wrote in

    > so if any one cud help me...how to come out f it and how cud i use the
    > control across the applications..

    I don't think that's possible - not to mention the user control's logic
    would be in a bin file not accessible to your second web app.

    You could compile the web control logic into a dll, but you'll have to
    deploy the dll into both web apps as well as the ascx files.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 28, 2005

  3. saket

    saket Guest

    hi
    thanx for ur reply
    i again need ur help. how wud i create the dll with user control code. actually i m a bit new to asp.net

    thanx

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/

    saket, Dec 28, 2005