    source code. Thanks in advance

    ~Vicktor

    , Jan 3, 2008

  2. red floyd Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I want to design a Visual C++(or atleast a C++) USB HID GUI. The
    > problem is that I don't know much about USB or even developing
    > applications with it. So what I need is something to help me get
    > started. Maybe some beginner articles, tutorials or even books and
    > source code. Thanks in advance

    Several things.

    1. You're putting the cart before the horse. How do you know that VC is
    the best tool? Perhaps VB, VC#, etc... might be better.

    2. C++ has no concept of: USB, HID, GUI. You must ask in a platform
    specific forum.

    3. If you don't know USB, how do you know know what you need to put
    into your GUI?

    Followups set to more appropriate groups.

    red floyd, Jan 3, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > I want to design a Visual C++(or atleast a C++) USB HID GUI.

    OK.

    > The
    > problem is that I don't know much about USB or even developing
    > applications with it. So what I need is something to help me get
    > started. Maybe some beginner articles, tutorials or even books and
    > source code. Thanks in advance

    You should post your question to the newsgroup where USB is on
    topic, like the newsgroup dedicated to your OS. C++ _language_
    has no means to control hardware, it's all done using the means
    available in your OS, through your OS programming libraries.

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 3, 2008
  4. "" <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I want to design a Visual C++(or atleast a C++) USB HID GUI. The
    > problem is that I don't know much about USB or even developing
    > applications with it. So what I need is something to help me get
    > started. Maybe some beginner articles, tutorials or even books and
    > source code. Thanks in advance
    >
    > ~Vicktor

    The C++ standard doesn't mention anything about USB, however there
    are C++ communities built up dedicated to portable USB programming.

    To achieve portable USB programming, they produce a "cross-platform
    library" which people can use in developing a USB application which
    will run on the likes of Windows, Linux, Mac, Playstation 3.

    There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing cross-platform
    programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the creation of
    comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in the next day or two
    (there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).

    I'd appreciate if you'd vote.

    --
    Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    --
    Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    Tomás Ó hÉilidhe, Jan 5, 2008
  5. James Kanze Guest

    James Kanze, Jan 6, 2008

    On 5 Ян, 21:34, "Tomás Ó hÉilidhe" <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:
    >
    > > Hi there,

    > > I want to design a Visual C++(or atleast a C++) USB HID GUI. The
    > > problem is that I don't know much about USB or even developing
    > > applications with it. So what I need is something to help me get
    > > started. Maybe some beginner articles, tutorials or even books and
    > > source code. Thanks in advance

    > > ~Vicktor

    > The C++ standard doesn't mention anything about USB, however there
    > are C++ communities built up dedicated to portable USB programming.
    >
    > To achieve portable USB programming, they produce a "cross-platform
    > library" which people can use in developing a USB application which
    > will run on the likes of Windows, Linux, Mac, Playstation 3.
    >
    > There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing cross-platform
    > programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the creation of
    > comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in the next day or two
    > (there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).
    >
    > I'd appreciate if you'd vote.
    >
    > --
    > Tomás Ó hÉilidhe
    >
    > --
    > Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    So where do I vote?
    ~Vicktor

    , Jan 14, 2008
  7. wrote:
    > On 5 ??, 21:34, "Tomás Ó hÉilidhe" <> wrote:
    >> [..]
    >> There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing cross-platform
    >> programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the creation of
    >> comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in the next day or
    >> two (there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).
    >>
    >> I'd appreciate if you'd vote.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tomás Ó hÉilidhe
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    > So where do I vote?
    > ~Vicktor

    It apparently hasn't started yet. If you do want to vote, you need
    to be patient.

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 14, 2008
  8. Victor Bazarov:

    > It apparently hasn't started yet. If you do want to vote, you need
    > to be patient.

    They've changed the setup. Eight village elders vote for it, rather
    than the Usenet public. The newsgroup creation process is full of
    corruption; I've given up on it.

    --
    Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    Tomás Ó hÉilidhe, Jan 14, 2008
  9. Jim Langston Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On 5 ??, 21:34, "Tomás Ó hÉilidhe" <> wrote:
    >>> [..]
    >>> There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing
    >>> cross-platform programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the
    >>> creation of comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in
    >>> the next day or two (there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).
    >>>
    >>> I'd appreciate if you'd vote.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Tomás Ó hÉilidhe
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Tomás Ó hÉilidhe

    >> So where do I vote?
    >> ~Vicktor

    > It apparently hasn't started yet. If you do want to vote, you need
    > to be patient.

    Actually, you would need to go to subscribe to news.groups.proposals and
    find the thread (not difficult) and just respond that you think it would be
    a good idea. The proposal is still kicking around, but Tomas didn't follow
    the guildlines and steps he needed and even though Tomas has dropped the
    ball some other people have taken up the proposal. The current discussion
    is what should it be called and what should be considered on topic. The
    current discussion seems to be about should it be
    comp.lang.c++.cross-platform, or comp.lang.c++.misc or comp.programming.c++
    or... etc...

    Personally I feel there probably should be another c++ newsgroup dealing
    with questions considered off topic here but really don't fit in any other
    newsgroup such as cross platform code, some hardware code that doesn't fit
    in with a specific OS, etc.. but am not sure what it should be called.

    --
    Jim Langston

    Jim Langston, Jan 15, 2008