USB programming

Atz

Hi !

The question is a bit tricky ( for me ) so please take it easy ...

Im writing some program for Microchip chip testing...
The program should send data to some LCD display which is on some board with
Microchip
controller.

Q.
Can i send data directly from my Borland C++ program ( simple GUI and some
other stuff )
or
must i make some C (converted to HEX ) program for the controller which
will support the data sended from BC++.

2.) How thus this process work....Can i send directly data form my GUI
programm, thru MCU and then to LCD or must i make some programm directly for
MCU ?

Basicly, i want to communicate thru USB with my on board controller and my
LCD.

Thanx in advance...

Victor Bazarov

Atz said:
The question is a bit tricky ( for me ) so please take it easy ...

Im writing some program for Microchip chip testing...
The program should send data to some LCD display which is on some board with
Microchip
controller.

Q.
Can i send data directly from my Borland C++ program ( simple GUI and some
other stuff )
or
must i make some C (converted to HEX ) program for the controller which
will support the data sended from BC++.

2.) How thus this process work....Can i send directly data form my GUI
programm, thru MCU and then to LCD or must i make some programm directly for
MCU ?

Basicly, i want to communicate thru USB with my on board controller and my
LCD.

After reading it a couple of times I am still trying to understand where
is a C++ language question here. It seems that you need some kind of
hardware connection. That cannot be done using C++ language or library
means. It has to be done using platform-specific mechanisms which are
off-topic her. Please consider posting your platform specific questions
in a platform newsgroup. comp.os.ms-windows.programming.win32 is one I
know. You could also ask for better directions in one of borland-specific
newsgroups. See borland.public.cppbuilder.* family of forums.

Best wishes!

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Atz said:
Hi !

The question is a bit tricky ( for me ) so please take it easy ...

Im writing some program for Microchip chip testing...
The program should send data to some LCD display which is on some board with
Microchip
controller.

Didn't the board come with some instructions on how to
program it. Usually they do

[snip]
Basicly, i want to communicate thru USB with my on board controller and my
LCD.

Yes, definitly. You need to ask the board manufacturer on how to
comunicate with the board. Usually they have some examples in
source form.