use asp to open an excel file and upload to the database

wahodi

Dear all

I want to provide a function using asp for the users to search for their excel files in their PCs in IE and then upload to my database. Is it possible

Best regards
wahodi

Roji. P. Thomas

Yes. but in a limited way, unless the user is ready to install activex
component.
All you can use the file control and multipart/form data type form
and ask the user to voluntarily search for the file using the browse button
and upload it,
As you see in the attachment section of the e-mail services.

--
Roji. P. Thomas
SQL Server Programmer
wahodi said:
Dear all,

I want to provide a function using asp for the users to search for their
excel files in their PCs in IE and then upload to my database. Is it
possible?

wahodi

Dear Roji

Thanks and how can I use the file control and multipart/form and where can I find the script sample

Best regards
Di