Use asp to trigger a 2nd asp???

yabba

I want to use a asp page to trigger a 2nd asp file. and return immediately.

#2 does not have any user interface, it simply manipulates some data and
writes a report to a log.

I want #2 to run in the background while I continue with other operations.

Any ideas how to do this?

TIA

Evertjan.

yabba wrote on 13 nov 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I want to use a asp page to trigger a 2nd asp file. and return
immediately.

You cannot do this serverside, I think, without ending that second page.

You will have to do that with clientside code.

Roji. P. Thomas

From the server side, I think no way.
because you want #2 to run in the background while
you continue with other operations.

but from the clientside, before submitting, you can open a
little popup and make it call the second ASP

HTH
Roji

dlbjr

Place the following code in an ASP file and include on all pages.

Just do this to make a call to page 2.
ProcessUrl "http://server/page2.asp?VAR1=??&VAR2=??

HTH

<SCRIPT language="vbscript" runat="server">
Public Sub ProcessUrl(strUrlAddress)
On Error Resume Next
Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
objXMLHTTP.open "GET",strUrlAddress, True
objXMLHTTP.send
Set objXMLHTTP = Nothing
End Sub
</SCRIPT>