    to which classes and objects .NET has that can be used to do so?

    Thank you.

    Maya.
    Maya Young, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Maya:

    That's a pretty tall order there. You can build a lot of the functionality
    to execute locally on the device but there's a lot of low level API's that
    need to be used. Fortunately, www.opennetcf.org 's SDF can do most
    (probably all) of this for you. www.devbuzz.com is another great resource
    if you check out the Compact Framework Discussions. So the only challenge
    now is taking control of it from the desktop. RAPI can do a lot for you
    http://www.knowdotnet.com/articles/desktopcommunication_rapi.html but the
    devil is in the details. Anyway, once you have the stuff built on the
    device you could either listen to a socket with it, or poll a webserice for
    instance and decide what commands to fire from there. HoodCanalSystems
    www.hoodcanalsystems.com has a Product called .NET Preceptor that allows you
    do do a tremendous amount of stuff on your from a remote console and it's
    extremely well priced. I don't think Rob's current implementation does
    Voice but you may want to contact him b/c he could probably guide you on it
    or put it into his tool.

    Anyway, first head over to OpennetCf and check out the Multimedia library.
    The serial communication library and phone libraries will get you pretty
    far. Then it's just a matter of getting the instructions to the device and
    you can a socket/web service etc to get that info to the device.

    Cheers,

    Bill
    "Maya Young" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I'm trying to create a C# application to open a serial port connected to a
    > mobile device and control the mobile through the application where the

    user
    > can dial the number, send and receive voice data all by using the
    > application, Can any one give me more info or are there any resources on

    the

    William Ryan eMVP, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Maya Young

    Maya Young Guest

    Thats great William, appreciate your reply.

    Maya

    Maya Young, Apr 17, 2004