use CGI qw(:standard) ???

javatiger

This is in one of the scripts I've downloaded is it a lib file or
module or something. I'm not sure if it is already installed on my
server if not where can I get it?

Eric Bohlman

(e-mail address removed) (javatiger) wrote in
This is in one of the scripts I've downloaded is it a lib file or
module or something. I'm not sure if it is already installed on my
server if not where can I get it?

It's a module which is a standard part of the Perl distribution. If your
server doesn't have it, either it's running a *very* old version of perl or
its administrator isn't competent to properly install the distribution. If
either is the case, you're going to find yourself fighting quite a few
losing battles and would do far better to find another server for your CGI-
related stuff.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Scott said:
It is probably safe to assume that the CGI module is installed,
unless this line of the script causes an error. If the module isn't
there, there isn't anything we can do to help you.

Not true. If, contrary to expectation, CGI.pm would not be installed
already, it is a plain Perl module that can easily be installed in a
local library.
This is not the place to get help configuring CGI scripts that you
have found on the internet.

Very true.

krakle

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
Scott Bryce wrote:
Not true. If, contrary to expectation, CGI.pm would not be installed
already, it is a plain Perl module that can easily be installed in a
local library.

Very true.

Actually... His question wasn't a CGI question at all. It was a
question pertaining to a line of Perl code. Which just happened to be
a call to the _Perl_ module CGI.pm.