Use Client Certificate from Pocket PC VB.Net app to call Web Servi

Ani Kinare

I want to use a Client Certificate from handheld device application when the
application makes a call to an xml web service. How to do it?

The .Net framework X509Certificate.CreateFromCertFile(...cer) does not work
in .Net compact framework.

Following are the environmental details of the application.

1. Client application is written in VB.Net 2003 compact framework (smart
client application).
2. Handheld is running Windows Mobile 2003 OS.
3. Device can connect to webservice via cradle OR 802.11 OR Cellular network.
4. The original certificate is of format PKCS#12. But I can convert that to
PKCS#7 and extract Private Key (.pvk) using other tools to import it on
device.
5. The Pocket Internet Explorer can access the xml web service .asmx page
when a valid client certificate is imported.
5. The certificate is generated by local CA and accepted by the
“Intermediate Certification Authority†on IIS running xml webservice.

Thanks,