Use dropdownlist as textbox

Li Pang

Hi,

I want to use dropdownlist web control as combobox control in window form,
ie, allow to enter any text value in the box just like a textbox.

In window form the combobox has a style, the ability can be made by
selecting between "dropdown" or "dropdownlist" values. Is there equivalent
property in the web dropdownlist control. If no anybody knows a solution for
that?

thanks in advance

clickon

You could try using the attrivutes collection of the DropDownList control,
this allows you to set arbitrary HTML atributes.

marss

Li Pang напиÑав:
Hi,

I want to use dropdownlist web control as combobox control in window form,
ie, allow to enter any text value in the box just like a textbox.

Hi,
It is impossible because DropDownList and Textbox change into two
different HTML elements in browser window (DropDownList->SELECT and
Textbox->INPUT). The task can be accomplished by substituting standard
SELECT element with set of other HTML elements(for example: INPUT+DIV)
but it requires strong DOM and javascript skills.

Dan Christensen

marss said:
Li Pang напиÑав:

Hi,
It is impossible because DropDownList and Textbox change into two
different HTML elements in browser window (DropDownList->SELECT and
Textbox->INPUT). The task can be accomplished by substituting standard
SELECT element with set of other HTML elements(for example: INPUT+DIV)
but it requires strong DOM and javascript skills.

There are several custom controls out there that accomplish it, find
the one you like, but I'd be worried about how it degrades with
javascript disabled, etc. Since it's not a native element.

eg: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/combobox.asp