use Excel2000 as web interface to collect user input?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Michael, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi All,

    I am working on my intranet reporting web site, by use of IIS5 + Office2000
    +SQL2000.

    Currently, the first step, I show user an ASP web-interface to collect user
    input, keyword etc.,use "<Form name=xxxx Action=MyAction.ASP
    method=post>........</Form>"
    then these user input values will be submit to action page to run reports
    for user.

    My problem is, sometimes user needs to input lots of different set of
    keyword, which are prepared in his own execel2000 worksheet. Can I use an
    Excel2000 file instead of asp page to collect user input and send to the
    action page MyAction.asp?
    Sine excel2000 can support copy/paste on more cells/columns, better that web
    <Form....> control.

    I am thinking anther way is: How can I bound a Grid control( like data-grid
    in VB6) in asp page, then user can copy and paste data to it with more than
    one columns and rows?

    Thank you very much
    Michael
    Michael, Aug 11, 2005