Use IIS web Server Vs. Visual Studio Development Server with Port

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lit, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. Lit

    Lit Guest

    Hi,

    My web app works when it is in the "Visual Studio Development Server with a
    Port Number",

    But

    It does not work when I use " Use IIS web Server"

    What Gives? Permissions? What to look for?

    I tried to create a Virtual Directory from IIS as Usual making sure I am
    using .NET 2.0 etc..

    And nothing works.

    At one time I am getting a challenge to type a user name and password (
    Windows Authen ) but that does not work either.

    I am logged on as the Admin,

    Thanks for any light.

    Lit

    Lit, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Hello Lit,

    > Hi,
    >
    > My web app works when it is in the "Visual Studio Development Server
    > with a Port Number",
    >
    > But
    >
    > It does not work when I use " Use IIS web Server"
    >
    > What Gives? Permissions? What to look for?
    >
    > I tried to create a Virtual Directory from IIS as Usual making sure I
    > am using .NET 2.0 etc..
    >
    > And nothing works.
    >
    > At one time I am getting a challenge to type a user name and password
    > ( Windows Authen ) but that does not work either.
    >
    > I am logged on as the Admin,
    >
    > Thanks for any light.
    >
    > Lit

    Make sure the directory that contains the website has read/execute rights
    for the IIS_WPG group that should allow ASP.net and the IIS Guest user to
    access the things it needs.

    Jess

    Jesse Houwing, Aug 3, 2007