use image in hyperlink field of datagrid?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by geek-y-guy, May 6, 2006.

  1. geek-y-guy

    geek-y-guy Guest

    I have a datagrid being populated from a datasource. I added a hyperlink
    field which points to a page with a detailsview component.

    <asp:HyperLinkField

    DataNavigateUrlFields="ContactID"

    DataNavigateUrlFormatString="contactdetail2.aspx?ContactID={0}"

    headerimageURL="~/images/glass.gif"

    Text="show" />

    I see that I can use an image in the header field for this new column, but
    is there any way to use an image for the actual hyperlink itself instead of
    the "Text" property? Or what fieldtype can I use so that an image can be
    clicked on to pass a value to another page?

    geek-y-guy, May 6, 2006

  2. geek-y-guy

    Brock Allen Guest

    You can always build a template column.