use java to access oracle database

david wolf

I am writing a java program to access oracle database. My understanding
is that in order to do that I have to:

1) install oracle odbc driver in the windows xp.

2) setup a data source name in windows control panel's data source
manager.

3) Download the oracle jdbc driver which is a jar file.

3) Write the java code to connect to the database.

My question is:

1) Where can I get oracle odbc driver that can be installed in windows
that windows xp will recoginze in ODBC data source administrator?

2) If my database in located on another machine, how to setup the data
source in ODBC data source adminstrator?

jcsnippets.atspace.com

david wolf said:
I am writing a java program to access oracle database. My understanding
is that in order to do that I have to:

1) install oracle odbc driver in the windows xp.

2) setup a data source name in windows control panel's data source
manager.

3) Download the oracle jdbc driver which is a jar file.

3) Write the java code to connect to the database.

My question is:

1) Where can I get oracle odbc driver that can be installed in windows
that windows xp will recoginze in ODBC data source administrator?

2) If my database in located on another machine, how to setup the data
source in ODBC data source adminstrator?

How about using JDBC?

http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/java/database/connect-to-oracle-database.html

Best regards,

JayCee

steve

I am writing a java program to access oracle database. My understanding
is that in order to do that I have to:

1) install oracle odbc driver in the windows xp.

2) setup a data source name in windows control panel's data source
manager.

3) Download the oracle jdbc driver which is a jar file.

3) Write the java code to connect to the database.
you only need no 3.
My question is:

1) Where can I get oracle odbc driver that can be installed in windows
that windows xp will recoginze in ODBC data source administrator?
odbc drivers for oracle can be downloaded from their site.
2) If my database in located on another machine, how to setup the data
source in ODBC data source adminstrator?

access to offsite databases is via a url or an ip address.