    a FileOutputStream. Or do I create a file on the fly, print it using
    command line, and destroy it?

    I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

    Ellie, Jul 20, 2004

  2. On 20 Jul 2004 13:20:33 -0700, Ellie wrote:

    > I'm stumped. We're ..

    'We' who? Do you work for hotmail?
    Or perhaps do you just hear voices?

    >..building a Struts app running on Websphere on
    > Win2k, with a SQL Server backend. They

    'They' who??

    >..want pdf files stored in the
    > database; they're in there as Image datatypes.
    >
    > My mission

    Oh it's a *mission*.. did your instructions
    'self destruct' after seven seconds ..is your
    company ..*the* *company* ;-)

    >...is to grab the pdf(s) from the resultset and send it/them
    > directly to the user's printer.

    What 'user'? Which leads me to, is this
    an intranet, or the internet?

    On an intranet using mostly IE/Win you could
    probably achieve the effect you want by setting
    the insecure OS component's security settings
    insanely low and using some 'doze hax.

    On the internet? No way!
    What are you, on drugs?!?

    And in future, please do not cross-post to
    so many groups, and do not post to invalid groups
    such as comp.lang.java (yes, yes, I *know* your
    host carries it, that does not make it valid)
    c.l.j. dropped from follow-ups.

    [ HTH ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson