Use list name as string

Vincent Davis

Do to laking knowledge my google searches have not turned up an answer for me.
I know this is wrong it uses the items in the list as the filename,
how do I refer to the dataname and not the items in it.

def savedata(dataname):
filename = str(dataname) # this does not do what I would like it to
ext1 = '\.csv'
flex = filename + ext1
datawrite = csv.writer(open(flex, "wb"))
datawrite.writerows(dataname)

Thanks
Vincent Davis