    "..oracle.sql.CLOB is not Seriarizable...."

    Thanks in advance.

    Fran

    Francisco Tazón Vega, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Francisco Tazón Vega

    Sudsy Guest

    Francisco Tazón Vega wrote:
    > Is it possible to use a CLOB on a Weblogic 5.1? If so, how can I do it? I'm
    > using WL 5.1 with Oracle 8.1.7 and when I try to read a clob field from
    > database using rs.getClob(1) or rs.getObject(1) I get a message like
    > "..oracle.sql.CLOB is not Seriarizable...."

    Unfortunately you have to use the Oracle classes. While you can find
    much more on the Oracle Technology Network (<http://otn.oracle.com>)
    <http://www.sudsy.net/technology/clobs.html>

    Sudsy, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Francisco Tazón Vega

    anonymous Guest

    Francisco Tazón Vega wrote:
    > Is it possible to use a CLOB on a Weblogic 5.1? If so, how can I do it? I'm
    > using WL 5.1 with Oracle 8.1.7 and when I try to read a clob field from
    > database using rs.getClob(1) or rs.getObject(1) I get a message like
    > "..oracle.sql.CLOB is not Seriarizable...."
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Fran

    I think you have to include Oracle's classes12.zip. I have code like this:

    import oracle.jdbc.OracleTypes;

    // offersList is a CallableStatement
    offersList.registerOutParameter(1, OracleTypes.CLOB);

    Clob clob = offersList.getClob(1);

    // result is a String
    result = clob.getSubString(1, (int)clob.length());

    I use this to retrieve xml that can be more than 32Kb

    anonymous, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Thanks for the information

    Francisco Tazón Vega, Jan 8, 2005