    i have an application which could have more than 150 users, I have set it up
    to use windows integrated authentification.

    What I have to do to be sure that my application will use connection pooling ?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 27, 2005

  2. just use performance monitor to watch pooled sql connections...

    --
    HTH

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
    BSc, MCSD.NET

    "serge calderara" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCSD.NET], Nov 27, 2005

  3. Not to muth just make sure you use a single connection string.
    If you want authentication towards your database use sspi=true or interated
    authentication=true (These are the same)

    The rest is done by the platform.

    Bye,

    --
    Rainier van Slingerlandt
    (Freelance trainer/consultant/developer)

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFpbmllciBbTUNUXQ==?=, Nov 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    It depends on "who" establishes the connection.

    If you have impersonation enabled (<identity impersonate="true"/>),
    and your connections to the database use integrated security, you'll
    have one connection pool per user.

    If you are not impersonating, or if you use a SQL login and password,
    you'll still have a single connection pool for the application
    (assuming the connections meet the other pooling criteria).

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 28, 2005
  5. Hi scott

    You said :
    "If you have impersonation enabled (<identity impersonate="true"/>),
    and your connections to the database use integrated security, you'll
    have one connection pool per user."
    =================================

    Does it works similar as if you create a user account for each of them ?
    In this case I have read than performance is decrease and its better to use
    one single connection string

    When connection pooling is prefered then ?

    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 28, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:51:02 -0800, serge calderara
    <> wrote:

    >Does it works similar as if you create a user account for each of them ?
    >In this case I have read than performance is decrease and its better to use
    >one single connection string

    Yes. The connection pooling can only pool connections that use the
    same security context.

    >When connection pooling is prefered then ?

    Generally for performance, a single pool will work better, but you
    might have requirements that override performance. For instance, you
    might have security requirements or auditing requirements that force
    you to log a user into the database with their own identity.

    Scott Allen, Nov 28, 2005
  7. At last, my advice u to setup distinct user accounts for every C-R-U-D
    operation. For instance, when u are reading data, u should connect db via a
    user who is only datareader, etc.. In this circumstance, you will have four
    different connection strings.. And u can easily monitor load on any
    operation by using your own custom performance counters. And u can monitor
    sql server pooling by using performance monitor using .NET CLR Data
    performance object.

    --
    HTH

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
    BSc, MCSD.NET

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCSD.NET], Nov 28, 2005
  8. thnaks for your reply.

    Oups what is C-R-U-D ?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Nov 29, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Nov 29, 2005