Use of csshover.htc as in More Eric Meyer on CSS Project 6

rfr

Project 6 in More Eric Meyer on CSS has the use of an Internet MSIE specific
Behavior to provide the the ability to get mouse actions on containers to
work in MSIE, which other browsers will do, but MSIE wont unless one
supliments if with JavaScript of use of this Behavior file.

This seemd like a clean and neat way to do this. It seemed better than a js
method.

But . . . . .

Athough I understand the project text and have the "csshover.htc" setup in
the same directory as specified in the CSS of the original project file, it
does not seem to work on my Dell 8400 running Win XP Media Center in MSIE
6.0

Netscape, Opera, and Firefox are able to run project 6 files on this system.
So, I know there is nothing universally wrong with this. The problem is
isolated to MSIE.

Is there some trick to using this behavior?
1. For example does it ONLY work when evoked from an Internet server? I have
run into that before on other issues.
2. Is it possible that Win XP Media Center is inhibiting something when MSIE
6.0 is used that others are running into?

Can someone shed some light on this.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind said:
[...]

The trouble with using hacks is that sooner or later they will inevitably
fail. W3c standards allow user-agents certain options which, though very
ill-conceived, may "legitimately" cause a problem.

The best thing to do is to stick with the more straightforward methods of
css and hope for the distant day when they just might fix the other crap.

rfr

I tend to agree with you that hacks are more of a pain than a solution.

But, I would like to do CSS mouse-over hovers on containers in MSIE as I
can in the other browsers. And that is what this Behavior supposedly added
to MSIE.

I suspect that this really works but there is something simple that I am
failing to do right.