Use of HTTP_REFERER in Global.asa

Dave Anderson

I said:
Probably a lack of understanding of either (a) when a session
starts, or (b) when the HTTP_REFERER header is sent.

Aaron was probably right on when he suggested global.asa was not firing at
all. This would be true if the OP failed to set up the folder as an
Application, and would fall under (a) above.

--
Dave Anderson

Evertjan.

Prabhat wrote on 26 sep 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi did you get any thing to help me? Prabhat

Who are you talking to?

Please try to quote correctly, with "xxx wrote on yyy:".

This thread has been dead for 25 days.

Prabhat

Hi,

["Evertjan" wrote on 01-Sep-2005]
Yes, testing!

Set a session variable with global.asa onstart,
and try to tead it on a page.

Hi Evertjan,

Did you get any thing to help me?

Thanks
Prabhat

Evertjan.

Prabhat wrote on 26 sep 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi,

["Evertjan" wrote on 01-Sep-2005]
Yes, testing!

Set a session variable with global.asa onstart,
and try to tead it on a page.

Hi Evertjan,

Did you get any thing to help me?

sorry, no.

Prabhat

When ever my website is opened by any link: say clicked from the google
search result or a link from other website:

Then I should able to know the referrer URL. How Do I get that?

I know about Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"). So I used this in
"global.asa" file in "Session_OnStart" event like this:

Sub Session_OnStart
Session("ReferralURL") = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")
End Sub

Sub Session_OnEnd
Session("ReferralURL") = ""
End Sub

So that I can use the session variable any where in my website, because the
HTTP_REFERER will give the URL of the last webpage.

But this seems to not working.

Please help.

Thanks
Prabhat

Hi All,

I know it is a very old post, But today I got some of the link in google
that I am trying.

Links: http://www.asp101.com/articles/jason/comefrom/default.asp

and
http://www.codehound.com/groups/thread.asp?t=1,187,1,[email protected]