Use of MediaPlayer Object in C++Builder 6

Lorenzo Polidori

Hi all,
I have to display an MPEG2 stream in my C++ application. I have seen
the Media Player Object of Borland C++Builder 6 can have as input a
file specified in Filename property of this media object. But I want
to have as input for the Media Player Object a specified memory buffer
where I put my MPEG2 data coming from a video server by the net. Is it
possible doing this?
I hope there is a C++Builder developer in this group that can answer
my question.

Regards,

Lorenzo Polidori

Mike Wahler

Lorenzo Polidori said:
Hi all,
I have to display an MPEG2 stream in my C++ application. I have seen
the Media Player Object of Borland C++Builder 6 can have as input a
file specified in Filename property of this media object. But I want
to have as input for the Media Player Object a specified memory buffer
where I put my MPEG2 data coming from a video server by the net. Is it
possible doing this?
I hope there is a C++Builder developer in this group that can answer
my question.

There are probably folks participating here who use
C++ Builder, but we only discuss ISO standard C++ here,
of which none of the above is a part.

Borland does host many newsgroups about their products
and technologies. A quick look at their web site
www.borland.com finds:

http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/ng_cbuilder.html

Before posting to comp.lang.c++ again, please read:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

Thank you.

-Mike

Simon Elliott

Mike Wahler said:
There are probably folks participating here who use
C++ Builder, but we only discuss ISO standard C++ here,
of which none of the above is a part.

Borland does host many newsgroups about their products
and technologies. A quick look at their web site
www.borland.com finds:

http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/ng_cbuilder.html

These groups are hosted by Borland's server, which is down at the
moment. The groups do leak out into the outside world, so a google
search is still possible. (Hint: search for the xaudio SDK.)

But a post to the Borland groups must be made to newsgroups.borland.com,
otherwise many of the most experienced participants won't see it.