Use of Temporary ASP.Net Files foler.

archana

Hi all,

I am new to asp.net. I don't know exact purpose of 'temporary ASP.NEt
Files' folder.
I have one web application with only one form with name as webform1.

What i observed it when i run my application in folder 'Tempoprary
ASp.net files' folder with name same as my app name is created.

In that folder with some different name[ combination of integer and
charcter] is getting created. Again in that folder one folder is
present. And in inner most folder some files with extensions like
'dll', 'err', 'out', 'pdb', '.cmdline' are created.

Can any one tell me what is use of this. I know one thing that it is
used for compiling page and storeing compiled page. But for all files
present in folder i observed that no file has name same as my web
form's name.

so how exactly page is compiled?

Any help will be truely appreciated.

Guest

[...]

Here's the answer http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/01/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

Look at Preservation Files to see how compilation makes the file names