Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Parse.pmline 127.

Nirvana

Hello all,
I'm using Active state perl on Windows XP and while running a simple
perl script i'm getting this error:

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Parse.pm line 127.
Here is my script

#!C:/Perl/bin/perl.exe -w
use LWP::Simple;
use HTML::parse;
use HTML::Element;
use HTML::parser;
use HTML::FormatText;

use strict;
use warnings;

my $url= "http://www.google.com";
print parse_html(get $url)->format;

Michele Dondi

perl script i'm getting this error:

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at

It's not an error. It's a warning, and by far one of the most common
ones. In fact the code that generates it often needs to be enclosed in

no warnings 'uninitialized';
# ...
}

block. If (and only if) you get a correct output you can silently
ignore it. FWIW I remember some Tk module *incorrectly* not being
protected against it some time ago... (and I did ignore it!)

Michele