use of weak_alias or strong_alias in application code?

seyong_choi

I want to use alias to call a defined function (special_subroutine in
this example) using different names (special_subroutine_1 and
special_subroutine_2 in this example), is it doable? --I tried the
following way, and it did not work when I tried to compile it with
gcc. I guess weak_alias is only valid for glibc, or maybe the way I use
it was wrong.

Can someone give me a suggestion?

//file name: test.c
//date: 07/09/2006
#ifdef weak_alias
weak_alias(special_subroutine_1, special_subroutine)
weak_alias(special_subroutine_1, special_subroutine)
#endif

void special_subroutine(void){
....//some computation
}