use of Windows.Forms in ASP applications

justin

Hello, recently I was working on a project where I needed to automate
PDF generation. I found two open source libraries that I liked, but
the best one required the Windows.Forms class to be used in the C#
code-behind. When I tested the library, this worked fine in Visual
Studio 05.

What I was wondering was, are there performance concerns or security
concerns in using the Windows.Forms library in an ASP.NET website?
Will using it impact my scalability? All thoughts are welcomed, thank
you.

Just referencing the library won't have any performance impact. It depends
on what is done with the library. Some of the functions in there have
single threaded designs that make assumptions that may be inefficient in a
web context.